A delicious hearty vegan carrot soup that is packed with plant-based goodness! This carrot soup recipe is super easy to make and can be frozen for a rainy day. We've added lentils to this recipe to thicken the soup up and to add iron and protein. The carrots also add vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants - making it a delicious and nutritious meal.
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Equipment Needed: Hob and blender
500g of carrots
200g of red split lentils
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp of olive oil
1 vegetable stock cube
850ml of boiling water
400ml can of coconut milk
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1. Firstly we're going to chop our onion and add it to the pan with olive oil on a low heat. Cook for around 3-5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
2. Then add your pressed garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
3. Chop your carrots into thin slices (I didn't bother pealing mine) and add to the pan along with all of the rest of the ingredients, mix it together and then raise the heat so that the soup begins to boil. As soon as the soup starts to boil, reduce the heat to a light simmer.
4. Cook for around 25 minutes, by then the carrots should be soft. take the soup off the heat and add to your blender (if you have a plastic blender, it may be best to let it cool slightly to avoid the plastic from cracking).
5. After the soup has been blended and is a smooth texture, add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
If the soup is still quite thick after blending, feel free to add more water until you have reached the desired consistency.
If you made this, I would love to hear from you! Comment below or get in touch through Instagram.
Here at Defying Hangry, we make delicious and easy vegan recipes. All our meals contain a range of nutritious and easily accessible ingredients - to make even the busiest of mealtimes easy, healthy and quick. As well as vegan recipes, we also share a range of vegan gluten-free recipes and vegan nut-free recipes.