I'm not going to lie, this vegan sweet potato curry might not be the prettiest thing on the menu, but oh boy does it taste incredible.
This vegan curry recipe is absolutely packed with flavour and goodness. The combination of coconut milk and peanut butter make it super creamy, whilst the fresh mango adds a touch of sweetness that truly brings the entire dish together. So if you're looking for a vegan peanut butter recipe, you've hit the jackpot!
I've only every cooked this dish on the hob, but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work in a slow cooker. If you choose to try this recipe in a slow cooker, please do let me know how it goes.
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Equipment Needed: Hob
1 red chilli
2 medium sweet potatoes, or 1 large one
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 x 400ml of coconut milk
1 fresh mango (or roughly 200g of pre-sliced mango)
1 x 400g can of chickpeas
2 tbsp of peanut butter
300ml of water
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of ground coriander
1/2 tsp of turmeric
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1. Finely chop your onion and add to a deep pan (with a lid) with your coconut oil, place on the hob and cook on a low heat.
2. In the meantime, deseed and finely chop your red chilli and garlic, and add to the pan along with your grated ginger. Then add your ground coriander, turmeric, coconut milk and water, then mix well.
3. Peel your sweet potatoes and chop them into small chunks, add to the pan and then raise the heat until it starts to boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce to a low to medium heat so that it lightly simmers.
4. Begin to add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir well. Once it's all mixed together, pop a lid on the pan and leave to cook for around 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When there's around 15 minutes left, cook your rice according to the packet instructions.
6. Serve your curry with fluffy rice and enjoy!
If you made this, I would love to hear from you! Comment below or get in touch on Instagram.
Here at Defying Hangry, we make easy vegan recipes. All our meals contain a range of nutritious and easily accessible ingredients - to make even the busiest of mealtimes easy, healthy and quick. Browse our collection of plant-based recipes today!