Are you on the search for an easy vegan aubergine recipe? Well, you've hit the jackpot. This delicious harissa aubergine recipe is the absolute easiest thing in the world. It doesn't require a lot of ingredients but, wow, it is packed with flavour.
I served the harissa aubergine on a bed of hummus (yum) and warm pita bread. I then sprinkled some pomegranate seeds, parsley and sesame seeds. If you're not vegan, crumbled feta would also go great with it.
You could eat this as a main or share it between two as a side or starter - whatever floats your boat. With that said, let's get started!
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Equipment Needed: Hob
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of harissa seasoning
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
1. Cut the aubergine into chunks and add to a pan on a low heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
2. After around 2 minutes (once the aubergine has started to soften) add the harissa seasoning, salt & pepper and stir well.
3. Cook the aubergine for around 20 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. In the meantime, generously spread hummus on the serving dish and cut the parsley so that it's ready to go.
5. Once the aubergine is soft, squeeze the lemon juice on it and stir well. Then, place the aubergine in the middle of the hummus and garnish with parsley, pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds.
6. Serve with warm/toasted pita and enjoy!
If you made this, I would love to hear from you! Comment below or get in touch on Instagram.
Here at Defying Hangry, we make easy vegan recipes. All our meals contain a range of nutritious and easily accessible ingredients - to make even the busiest of mealtimes easy, healthy and quick. Browse our collection of plant-based recipes today!