I absolutely love this pizza sauce recipe. It is super easy to make and goes perfectly as a sauce for your delicious homemade pizzas. A good homemade pizza sauce should never be overloaded with ingredient and should slowly be cooked to achieve a thick glossy base for all your toppings.
If you have any pizza sauce leftover, you can either freeze it for a lazy day or eat it as a pasta sauce (trust me it's just as delicious, just look at the picture below!).
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Equipment Needed: Hob and blender (optional)
Serves: 4 x 12"pizzas
1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato puree
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 small red onion or 1/2 a large onion
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1. Thinly slice your onion and add to a pan with the olive oil - cook on a medium heat.
2. While your onions are cooking, begin to press or finely chop your garlic. Once your onions have softened, add the garlic to the pan and cook for around 30 seconds.
3. Now add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir well. Raise the heat so that the sauce begins to boil, then reduce to simmer.
4. Pop a lid on the pan and leave to cook for around 20-25 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
5. If you would like a smooth pizza sauce, you can blend it after it's cooked. If you're happy with a chunkier sauce, it's ready to spread on your base and enjoy!
If you made this, I would love to hear from you! Comment below or get in touch on Instagram.