Total Prep and Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Equipment Needed: Hob and Blender (NutriBullet style blenders are perfect for this sauce!)
I absolutely love this recipe! It is the ultimate comfort dish that is packed with goodness. It's really easy to make and the end product is the creamiest, loveliest pasta sauce ever! If you have any sauce left, it tastes just as good the next day or after freezing. I've also used this exact sauce for pizzas, spaghetti 'meatballs' and vegetable lasagne.
When I first started to make this dish I used soaked cashew nuts, but that takes a lot of time and preparation that kills any spontaneity. So I swapped the cashew nuts for cashew butter and wow, it made the most amazing sauce ever. I hope you enjoy it!
The first thing we are going to do is put all the ingredients (apart from the pasta) into a blender and then blend.
Then add the blended pasta sauce to a pan with a lid. The lid is definitely important as it may spit! Cook the sauce on a low to medium heat for around 15 minutes, stirring often.
In the meantime, cook your pasta and serve when cooked. It's really that easy!
Ingredients for 4 portions of sauce
1 x 400ml can of chopped tomatoes
200ml of almond milk (you can also use soy or oat milk)
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 tbsp of tomato puree
1/2 a tsp of salt
1/2 a tsp of pepper
2 tbsp of cashew butter
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1/2 a tsp of dried basil
1/2 a tsp of dried oregano
400g of pasta (you can also sub for GF pasta)
1. Firstly add all your ingredients to a blender (apart from the pasta).
2. Blend your ingredients and then add the vegan pasta sauce to a pan with a lid. The lid is definitely important as the sauce may spit when you start to cook it.
3. Cook your sauce on a low to medium heat for around 15 minutes, stir the sauce often.
4. In the meantime, cook your pasta.
5. Once your pasta has cooked, mix together with the sauce and serve.
If you made this, I would love to hear from you! Comment below or get in touch through Instagram.